Crunchy flavor and easy to make!
Do you love breaded chicken? I know I do! It’s so delicious and crispy, but it can be a bit of a pain to prepare. That’s where your favorite potato chip comes in! By using crushed chips as the coating for your chicken, you can skip all of the dredging and dipping steps and go right to frying. Plus, it gives your chicken an extra salty and crunchy flavor that everyone will love. So next time you’re in the mood for some breaded chicken, give this fun hack a try!
You won’t believe how much flavor you can get in just one night with this recipe! The Potato Chip-Crusted Fried Chicken Breasts are a perfect dinner choice that will have your family asking for more. And with just four ingredients, you’ll have one of the easiest dinners to make this summer.
Pick Your Favorite Chip Flavor
What’s new about coating chicken breasts to create a crunchy outside? You can achieve it with flour, bread crumbs, and even cereal!
The crunchy, salty flavor of the potato chip is a perfect addition to any meal. With endless flavors and cooking styles, there’s a flavor for everyone to try. You can search Grub Exotic for many different flavors not found in stores!
The flavors are great, and because they have such a diverse spice level it doesn’t necessarily feel like extra work to tailor-fit your needs. Simply choose the potato chip types which will match up well with whoever’s eating (I recommend honey or maple), put in a gallon size freezer bag, roll a rolling pin over the chips to crunch them into small bits then coat onto the chicken breasts.
Grub Potato Chip-Crusted Fried Chicken Recipe
A perfect blend of salty and sweet, this comforting meal can be made in just 20 minutes!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups or 1 x 8 oz bag potato chips
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken breasts and split lengthwise to create a thinner chicken breast. Lightly tenderize the breasts with a meat tenderizer. Season both sides with kosher salt.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top to create a baking rack.
- Add about 2 cups of Potato chips to a gallon freezer bag and seal. Gently roll a rolling pin over the chips to crush them into small flakes. Pour the crushed chips into a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk the two eggs until smooth.
- One at a time, dip both sides of the chicken breasts into the egg then place in the bowl with the Potato chips. Using the opposite hand you used for the egg, firmly press the Potato chips into the chicken breast on both sides to create a thick crust. Place the crusted chicken breast on the baking rack. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve on its own or with dipping sauces of your choice.